We are truly living in the age of technology. Gone are the days when people had to get hold of each other’s phone numbers and home addresses through various means so that they could communicate with their friends. Today, everything is at one’s fingertips! The rise of a mobile app has brought into our lives tremendous convenience, never before seen even in the most advanced societies. It is now very easy for people to keep in touch with their friends, find out what’s happening around them, discover new places, etc.
Common School Mobile App Features
There are many types of mobile apps that are letting people discover new things about the world around them, but educational apps are taking this concept to a whole new level. Such apps make it very easy for parents to follow their children’s day-to-day activities, check on how they are progressing academically and socially, etc. The number of parents who are actually asking for this kind of app is on the rise. Here are some common school mobile app features:
1. Progress updates
Parents want to make sure that their child is moving in the right direction and the only way to do this is by checking his or her progress. Most schools now let parents check on their children’s grades as well as test scores (math, language, science, etc.) through mobile apps. This information can help parents monitor their children’s progress.
2. Address issues immediately
When an issue arises, parents tend to panic at first, but they need to sit down and think about the best way to deal with it. One of the significant problems that parents are now facing is delayed response from schools when it comes to dealing with their issues or complaints. With a mobile app, communication becomes much easier. Parents can easily reach out to school administrators and get quick responses.
3. Be informed about important dates and events
Every parent wants their child to flourish in life and this is only possible when they know what steps they need to take. Schools often organize special events that parents must attend so that the teachers can explain what their children are learning and how parents can help them. A school mobile app makes it very easy for parents to find out about such events and attend them.
4. Access contact information of teachers and staff
Parents should know who they should go to in case they encounter an issue regarding their child’s progress at the school. A mobile app often provides information about the school’s staff members so that parents can reach out to them in case they need help.
A parent will be able to contact a teacher on call and know exactly when he or she will be back. This is very important for busy parents who cannot afford to miss work for too long due to sudden meetings with teachers or other school authorities.
5. Keep your child safe with GPS tracking
With a mobile app, parents can track their child’s location through GPS or geographical positioning system technology. This provides a sense of security because the parent will know the exact location of his or her child at all times and be able to reach out to him or her quickly if need be.
This technology also lets the parent track the route that his or her child takes to go to school. It is very important for parents to know this because they need to make sure that their children are safe at all times when moving around in public spaces.
10 Ways a Mobile App Keeps Parents In Touch
In the past, parents had no choice but to send their children off to school and hope for the best. When a problem arose, there was nothing that could be done about it. But with mobile apps, this is no longer an issue. Parents can now stay in touch with the school at all times and find out what’s going on. These are ten ways that a mobile app can help them accomplish this goal.
1. Parents will be able to monitor their child’s grades and test scores through the mobile app.
2. The school can send important notifications directly to parents via the app, including information about special events, parent-teacher meetings, etc.
3. Parents will be able to find out about ways that they can help their child succeed at school, such as a link that lets them track their child’s location using GPS tracking technology.
4. If an issue arises with the student—such as illness, injury, etc.—parents will be able to reach out to school administrators and get a quick response.
5. Parents will be able to find out about school policies and updates on current events through the mobile app, which can help them contribute more to their child’s education.
6. A parent will be able to communicate with his or her child’s teacher directly via the app whenever they have questions or concerns.
7. The mobile app provides parents the ability to attend special events such as parent-teacher meetings, conferences, and so forth. This is often difficult for busy parents who cannot afford to take time off from work without notice, but with a mobile app, they can stay informed and attend important events whenever necessary.
8. If school policy changes or if there are updates, the parent will receive notifications through the app. This is very important because it keeps parents up-to-date on their child’s progress and about how they can help him or her succeed at school more easily.
9. One of the biggest benefits offered by a mobile app is that it gives parents access to contact information for teachers and school staff members. This will enable them to reach out for help whenever they need it.
10. A parent is able to track his or her child’s route to and from school, which is important because it lets them know that their child is safe at all times when he or she is in public spaces alone.
How To Get A Custom Mobile App For Your School
Now that you know the top ten benefits of having a custom mobile app for your school, it is time to take action. But perhaps you are wondering how easy it is to get this done in the first place. Here are some tips that can help you get started.
1. Choose Your Best Platform
There are many different platforms that you can use to build a mobile app, including iOS and Android. You need to determine which platform is best for your needs in order to get started.
2. Determine Your App’s Minimum Viability
In other words, what features do you actually want included in the app? There are options to build a basic custom mobile app, which you can use to implement some of the school’s basic functions. But if you want to create a more complex app that offers additional features and benefits, then you need to hire a development company that has extensive experience in this particular field.
3. Get Your Mobile App Featured
Another way for parents to learn about your custom mobile app and download it is to get the word out there. This can be done by having teachers or staff members tell parents, as well as getting it featured on select app store sites so that people can find it easily.
4. Promote Your Mobile App Consistently
One of the best things you can do when you have a custom mobile app for your school is to promote it on a consistent basis. This can be done by having teachers and administrators talk about it at events, putting up posters and flyers that provide information on the best ways to download it, and through emails and social media campaigns.
5. Track Your App’s Performance
Another important factor when it comes to promoting your school’s custom mobile app is tracking its performance. How well has it been downloaded by parents? How many users are there on a daily basis? These statistics can help you determine whether or not the app is worth the cost of maintaining.
6. Build On Your Foundation
When you have a growing customer base, you have the opportunity to consider adding new features and functions that can make the app even more valuable. This helps keep parents interested so you can keep your mobile app at the forefront of their minds, which also makes it sustainable in the long run.
By having either a readymade school management app or a custom mobile app for your school, parents can now receive important information about their child’s life at school in the easiest way possible. This makes it much easier for both parties to convey and exchange information that will help the student become more successful overall. Parents know what is going on at all hours of the day, they can take part in their child’s learning process, and they can contribute to his or her success in a positive way. With all of these benefits that a school mobile app offers, it is a wonder that every school isn’t using one!
SchoolCues is an all-in-one school management system for small schools with limited budgets and resources. Our solutions include admissions and enrollment, online payments, student information system, gradebook, communications, parent engagement, donations and fundraising, alumni management, and more. Schedule a demo with us today.