Payment Processing for Schools Made Simple
Many school administrators and parents can agree that the most stressful part of school processes is payments. You have to make sure that payments are being processed safely, and parents are always worried about late charges. However, a good online payment system can make payment processing for schools a lot simpler with no worries. Here are some ways you can make the payment process more efficient for your school.
- Payment vendor link on your school site: Not all parents are tech-savvy, so there are some simple steps you can take to help them navigate more smoothly. One way you can help them is by inserting your school payment vendor’s link on your school site for parents to click on. This will quickly lead them to the page where they need to make the payments.
- Offer various payment options: What good is an online payment system if it does not offer different methods of payments for the parents? The whole point of the system is to simplify payment processing, and having only one or two options for paying fees will not cut it.
- Mobile payments: With practically every product or service going mobile, schools should allow mobile payments as well, especially since they have the ability to do so with a high-quality school payment system. Parents will be very happy with this one!
- Send reminders ahead of time: Numerous parents believe that they do not get notified enough of when school payments are due. School administrators cannot keep up with constantly sending out reminders. Therefore, you should let your payment vendor do this. With SchoolCues, all you need to do is check the corresponding boxes to send out reminders one week prior, one day prior, and on the day the payment is due. It’s a one-time task and then you are set!
- Think about the parents: Lastly, the best way to help the parents during the payment process is to put yourself in their shoes and think about how they will navigate their way through the steps. Send them help guides, FAQs, and be available for them because every parent is different and they will have different questions.
Taking these steps will not only reduce the worries and stress of the parents, but will also free up time for you to focus on other high-priority tasks. The main takeaway from these points is that you will want to start using a low-cost payment software to remove the obstacles that come with online payments, and ease school payment processing.
SchoolCues is the leading low-cost all-in-one school management system for small schools. Our software has been serving small schools for over 10 years, and we have helped Montessori, Private, Charter, Christian, Lutheran, Catholic, Independent, Islamic and Waldorf schools manage their small school with ease.
Paperless and online, our affordable solution offers several modules including:
Admissions and Enrollment
- Online enquiries forms
- Custom forms
- Online re-enrollment
- Admissions reports
- Campus tours
Online Payment Solutions
- Various payment options (ACH, credit card, cash and check)
- One-time and recurring payments
- Tuition and miscellaneous payments
- Sibling and family discounts
- Mobile payments and reminders
- Payment reports and tax statements
Student Information System
- Contact lists
- Emergency contacts and pick-ups
- Student health data
- Picture/video permissions
- Parent handbooks
- Student dashboard and directory
- Custom reports
- Easy set up
- Efficient recording of grades and assignments
- Transcripts and report cards
- Multiple grading and reporting formats
- School calendar
- Audio/video communications
- COVID-19 screening
- Absentee forms
- Permission forms
- Gold slips
- Tardy forms
- Text alerts
The schools market is currently experiencing an upheaval. Thousands of schools are shifting to a hybrid or online environment due to the current crisis. We provide low-cost solutions for small schools to simplify their school administration. Our powerful and easy-to-use modules simplify all-in-one paperless school administration through the use of web, mobile, email, and text.
Schedule a demo today to get access to the best school software for small schools on a budget!