With the ubiquity of smart devices, many schools are beginning to incorporate them into the classroom. However, there is a debate as to whether or not there should be a separate teacher app and parent app for school management. Some believe that one app can serve both purposes, while others contend that each type of user should have a separate app. In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of each option to help you decide what is best for your school.
Key Features of a Teacher App
A teacher school management app should have a few key features to make the user experience as smooth as possible.
First, it should allow teachers to easily create and manage their class schedules. It should also give them the ability to track student progress and performance.
Additionally, a good teacher school management app will allow teachers to communicate with parents easily and efficiently.
Finally, the app should be able to integrate with other school systems, such as the student information system (SIS) and the learning management system (LMS).
6 Features Parents Need to Access from a School Parent App
Parents need to be able to access a few key features of a teacher school management app.
1. Firstly, in a school parent app, a parent should be able to view their child’s class schedule. This will help them ensure that their child is on track with their studies. Additionally, parents should be able to view their child’s grades and performance data. This information will help them understand how their child is progressing in school.
2. Parents should be able to communicate with their child’s teachers through mobile chat for schools. This feature will allow them to ask questions and voice concerns about their child’s education.
3. Furthermore, the school parent app should give parents access to important school announcements . This way, they will always be up-to-date on what is happening at their child’s school.
4. Another important feature of a school parent app is the ability to make online payments. This will allow parents to pay for their child’s tuition and other fees easily and conveniently.
5. Finally, a good school parent app will offer a directory of school staff. This will allow parents to easily find and contact the people they need to in order to get their child the best education possible.
Why the Two Apps Should Not be Combined
There are a few reasons why it might not be a good idea to combine the teacher and parent school management apps into one.
Create Confusion for Users
The biggest reason why the two apps should not be combined is that it would create confusion for users. Parents would not know which app to use, and teachers would not know which app to turn to when they need to communicate with parents. This could lead to a lot of wasted time and frustration for everyone involved.
Teachers and Parents have Different Needs
Another reason why the two apps should not be combined is that teachers and parents have different needs. Teachers need an app that allows them to track student progress and communicate with parents easily. Parents, on the other hand, need an app that allows them to view their child’s class schedule, grades, and school announcements. Combining the two apps into one would not meet the needs of either group.
There are pros and cons to both having a separate teacher app and parent app for school management. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what is best for your school. If you feel that combining the two would create confusion or a more complicated user interface, it might be better to keep them separate. However, if you think that combining the two would create a more efficient and user-friendly experience, then it might be the best option for your school. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what is best for your school and your users.
SchoolCues is an all-in-one school management system for small schools with limited budgets and resources. Our solutions include admissions and enrollment, online payments, student information system, gradebook, communications, parent engagement, donations and fundraising, alumni management, and more. Schedule a demo with us today.