Last Modified: January 1, 2023.
VidalinksLLC, an Arizona limited liability company doing business as SchoolCues ("Company" or "We"), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through our App, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Company’s services; and/or
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website and App are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website or App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or otherwise provide any information on this Website or our App. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, business, business address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- About your school name, school, staff, staff contact information, title, department, district, curriculum information, demographics, buildings, and students;
- Necessary to facilitate third-party online payment processing, such as credit card information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website and App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to any of our services. We may also ask you for information when you report problems with our Website or App;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App, if any; and/or
- Your search queries on the Website or App.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (here in after, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website, App or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website or App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Details on your use of the App.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and App;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website;
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We will respond to requests for contact and product demonstration made via our Website using personal information received from you at the time of the request. To request information about our products and services, we may ask you to provide certain information including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, school name, school address, total enrollment, grade levels, and referral information. No information will be collected unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
When a school becomes a customer of our Company, the school administration will be required to submit information regarding its business, staff members and parents, guardians, students and other associated parties. This information will be managed on your behalf within our databases, but the information itself remains the property of the customer school as the owner of the data. You may request the complete removal of your information from our systems at any time; such removal will be completed within 30 days of our receipt of your written request.
Our Company may use school information to contact appropriate representatives at the school. For example, we may send marketing or promotional materials including emails or other information to school administrators; we may respond to your comments, questions or requests for information; or we may contact you as necessary to provide general customer support. You may update your contact information or opt out of receiving marketing or promotional materials by contacting our customer support center by phone at +1 (480) 525-7615, or via email request sent to [email protected].
School Teachers and Staff Information
Our customer schools will generally collect personal information regarding their staff members, including but not limited to professional credentials and contact information. Staff members who wish to review or update their personal information may do so by contacting the school administrator responsible for maintaining such data using the features within our Services. In addition, confidential information generated in the course of business, such as student evaluations and electronic communications, are acknowledged to be the intellectual property of our customer school. Our Company will not share personal information pertaining to school administrators or staff members with anyone outside of our Company, subject to the limitations described above.
Parents and Families
School administrators have the option of making limited portions of their personal information available in various public venues, such as printed or online student or family directories. Requests for removal from such publications should be made to the school administration.
School administrators, staff members and responsible family members will generally use our Services to collect personal information regarding students, including but not limited to medical, insurance, financial, behavioral, academic, religious, demographic and contact information. Responsible family members who wish to review or update the personal information regarding their student(s) may do so by contacting the school administrator responsible for maintaining such data using the features within our Services. In addition, the school administration has the option to make available certain features within our Services which allow responsible family members online access to review and update selected personal information regarding their student(s).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and App and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, if any, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website, App, or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To employees, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To integrate with third party services as necessary to provide the Services;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service [www.schoolcues.com/terms.html] and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and/or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also opt-out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account or emailing us at [email protected].
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website or App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website or App, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service [www.schoolcues.com/terms.html].
Our Company offers its visitors and users a means to choose how we may use information provided. If, at any time after registering for information or our Services, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about sharing your information with third parties, send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to [email protected] and provide us with your name and email address in your registration so that we may update your information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using commercially reasonable means, including, without limitation, our use of third-party payment processors. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.